Overview & Model of engagement
k-Yantra project develops a know-how for setting up an automated agriculture project. It comprises a test bed for hands-on learning for students to apply what they learnt in theory.
- We prepare a “growing medium” through recycling waste and resource recovery of garden and kitchen waste is in sync with municipal solid waste management and consistent with “Swach Bharat
- Plan and execute the creation of beds for growing plants
- Making gadgets, tools and networking for monitoring the growth of plants
- e-Yantra transfers this know-how to interested eLSI colleges. This project seeds a live demo project in the eLSI college where students “own” this project which serves as a base for original B.E. projects.
- Hand-holding of the setting up of the demo-project in the college premises for a fixed period of time.
- Providing documented procedures for the various steps involved.
- Provide a list of required materials, consumables etc. for setting up the test bed.
What is expected of interested eLSI colleges?
- Expression of interest – through a letter of intent, Committing resources and manpower by appointing a teacher as a coordinator of this project. Provide the caretaker for this project and a team of students comprising third year and second year students.
- Allocate garden or terrace space for this project Estimated cost of developing a 150 sq. ft of garden including troughs, ingredients for creating soil, pumps, pipes, controller valves, electronics items etc. works out to Rs. 1 lakh. (This does not include land cost, supporting staff cost)
- This space suffices for two teams of students to work on a project. Multiples of these may be deployed as per the desire of the college.